Thursday, August 1, 2013

Thankfulness

Hi! I'm Katherine's sister, Rebekah, and she has asked me to write the focus for today.

Since Katherine encouraged us to pray for ourselves yesterday, I thought it would be good to have a time of thankfulness.

I know for myself that I often spend a lot of time asking God for things. Help me be a loving sister. Help me to follow you. But I do not spend a lot of time thanking Him for giving me my siblings or for opening my eyes to follow Jesus in the first place.

It is amazing how joyful you feel when you start thanking God for all the things He has given you. His love is so much more than we could ever realize, ever comprehend.

So please join me in thanking God. Thank Him for where He has placed you, for your family, your friends. Thank Him for His salvation-His only Son, His faithfulness, and His forgiveness.

"Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving." Colossians 4:2 ESV

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 ESV

"Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need." Hebrews 4:14-16 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment