Friday, August 16, 2013

Listening to God

I feel like sometimes I talk to God but I don't listen as much as I should. I could talk all day, but it's not going to help me unless I listen to Him. It reminds me of a song by Addison Road.

                                      What Do I Know Of Holy
                            I made You promises a thousand times
I tried to hear from Heaven
But I talked the whole time
I think I made You too small
I never feared You at all No
If You touched my face would I know You?
Looked into my eyes could I behold You?*

Here are a couple of verses:
"Have you listened in the council of God?
And do you limit wisdom to yourself?"
Job 15:8

"Guard your steps when you go to the house of God. To draw near to listen is better than to offer the sacrifice of fools, for they do not know that they are doing evil." Ecclesiastes 5:1 (emphases mine) 

So tell God what has been on your mind -your fears,  your hopes and dreams, your joys, and sorrows- and then listen to Him.  Go to a quiet place and quiet your heart to listen, un-distracted,  to Him.


*If you want to read the rest of the lyrics they are here

No comments:

Post a Comment