Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Persecuted Christians

I know I'm posting this on the 6th, but it's for the7th of August.
 The prayer focus for today is Persecuted Christians. It's hard for me to imagine that persecution exists  because I feel so far away from where it's happening. I am very blessed to be in a country where I'm free to worship God. But Persecution does exist. Not that it should surprise me. The Bible says:

I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”   John 16:33

We will have trouble in this world because this world is not our home. What a joy it will be to finally be in heaven, never to experience pain again!

Back to the Christians being persecuted, pray that they will not lose heart. Pray that they will remain faithful. Pray that God will give them strength to do what He has called them to do. And pray for their children as well. Pray that they will love and follow God with their whole heart and learn to be more like Him. And pray for the unbelievers, and those persecuting them, that God would change their hearts.
Katherine 

No comments:

Post a Comment