Thursday, August 15, 2013

God Sees

Mom was reading devotion time today when I heard this verse:

"You felt secure in your wickedness,
    you said, “No one sees me”;
your wisdom and your knowledge led you astray,
and you said in your heart,
    “I am, and there is no one besides me.” " Isaiah 47:10

Isaiah was talking about the Chaldeans in this verse, but it could easily apply to us. Looking back on my (albeit short) life, I see many times where I have sinned and thought, no one sees me. But the truth is that Someone does. God does. 

Proverbs 15:3 says,

"The eyes of the Lord are in every place,
    keeping watch on the evil and the good."

This verse can also be a comfort. God always sees. He sees the things you do out of love for Him and He is pleased-"keeping watch on the evil and the good".

So thank God for all the times He sees you doing His will. Thank Him that he always watches over you. Ask forgiveness for the times you thought He didn't see you sinning. Ask Him to show you the sins you commit in secret-sins that in your hypocrisy you do not see. Praise Him that He Sees! 

No comments:

Post a Comment