Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Idols

Idols draw us away from God. Idols can be anything- it really depends on who you are. An idol that one person struggles with is not necessarily an idol for another person.
I love this verse. It shows how awesome our God is. 
 
For all the gods of the peoples are worthless idols, but the Lord made the heavens.
 Psalm 96:5 
 Think of the sky. Imagine all the clouds and the sunrises and sunsets. Not one of them is the same. They're all different. And they're all beautiful. 
  
Teach me Your way, O Lord;
I will walk in Your truth;
Unite my heart to fear Your name.
Psalm 86:11 
 
I will give thanks to You, O Lord my God, with all my heart,
And will glorify Your name forever. 
Psalm 86:12 

The verses above talk about giving our whole heart to God. How can we do that if we have an idol?

I just recently got a mp4 player. I realized that even though I was listening to Christian music, it could still be an idol for me. I was spending too much time listening to the music and not listening enough to God. 

Pray that God would help you give up your idols and give your heart to Him. Pray that He would show you any idols you haven't noticed yet. 

Your sister in Christ,

Katherine 

No comments:

Post a Comment