Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Day 1

As I mentioned before, I'm going to try and have a prayer focus each day. I'll try to share some verses as well. If you have any verses from the Bible that go with the prayer focus, or a verse that was encouraging to you, please share it in a comment!

Prayer Focus: Since this is the first day, the focus is going to be on ourselves. It can be anything.You could pray for: strength to overcome sin, love for others, willingness to do what God has called you to do, and/or peace.For example, I prayed that God would help me to do this challenge. I know I won't be able to do it by myself and that I need His help. I also prayed for my day, that I would shine His light to those around me. These are only a few of the many things to pray for. Please don't feel like you have to pray for these specific things. They are just examples! You know yourself-you have a better idea of what to pray for than I do.
I would like to share some of my favorite verses with you:


If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways. James 1:5-8

 pray without ceasing, 1 Thessalonians 5:17

 

No comments:

Post a Comment